Hi everyone! I am getting so behind on emailing everyone that I thought I'd try (again!) to create a blog, where I can keep track of what I am doing, and what is going on around me. If you find it interesting as well, then go for it.
First I want to figure out how to incorporate pictures in the blog posts.
As you can imagine, these are harried and tense days in Belgium around the financial debacle. At least the government is forced to do something that actually resembles policy-making instead of worrying about how to rearrange its internal workings and distribution of power.
We had two marvellous 'Indian summer' weekends in a row, so I almost managed to persuade two new expats from Canada that it doesn't ALWAYS rain in Belgium! Walked all day Sunday, around Ixelles and surroundings, to show them some ideal neighbourhoods in which to begin apartment-hunting.
Was at the free film club at the Hungarian Cultural Institute tonight. Saw the film "Rongyos élet" - which the subtitler initially translated as 'Bloody life', which I thought a bit strong for "rongyos", but then later in the film, when subtitling the song of the same name, it was "lousy life", which I think is more apt. What awful subtitling, though! Full of typos so that in some cases the subtitle was incomprehensible. But a good film, and good attendance, as at all events at the Hungarian institute.
Off to finish a translation now.
Monica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment